🤔 Wiser! #100: Apple v Epic | FTX Fallout | Elon’s Lost It | Timex In The Metaverse | Generative AI | Mastodon
🥂 Wiser! Newsletter #100: Apple v Epic | FTX Fallout | Elon’s Lost It | Timex In The Metaverse | AI Art | Mastodon
Welcome to this round-up of what’s happening in emerging tech, big tech, and business. This is the condensed Sunday edition of the Wiser! Newsletter, made especially for every who prefers to read on Medium.
But, if you want the content-rich, fuller version of Wiser!, packed with even more insight and information, join the mailing list. Everyone on the mailing list got their version of Wiser! delivered straight into their inboxes early on Friday morning.
Which means that they already have a two-day head start on you, just because they signed up for free here.
In this Medium Edition of Wiser!, you’ll find this week’s featured stories are:
- Round 2 of the Epic Games v Apple court case over the App Store has started. What does it mean for the internet economy?
- The fallout from FTX continues. Most narrative focuses on the end for crypto. I say they’re all wrong!
- The Twitter debacle continues. Is Elon Musk losing it before our very eyes?
- Watch maker Timex is the latest consumer brand to market to the next generation of buyers in the metaverse.
- The European Union is moving every closer towards a ban on facial recognition. So what?
- And Mastodon. The decentralised social media platform that’s picking up all those leaving Twitter (including me.)
🙏 Thank you for reading. Every week, 15k subscribers just like you get Wiser!
Praise from Billy, who was one of the first subscribers to Wiser!:
“Congratulations on your 100th post for Wiser! Rick. The newsletter has got better with age!” — Billy Bassett, a Wiser! subscriber…